Frank’s Founder and Principal is Kelly Learned, RPP, MCIP a planning and engagement consultant working in collaboration with other experts and client teams on community planning projects such as; The City of Revelstoke Official Community Plan Vision Check-In, City of Revelstoke Neighbourhood Planning, Community Integration Workshop Series for EPCOR’s E.L. Smith Solar Farm, City of Edmonton Ecoroof Initiative for Climate Change Resiliency project (in partnership with Miistakis), District of Saanich Uptown Douglas Corridor Plan.
More About Kelly
Kelly is an award-winning registered professional planner. With over fifteen years of experience in the planning profession, she has been fortunate to work as a parks planner/inspector; long-range planner; regional growth management lead, and project manager for an environmental research institute. For over ten years Kelly has been the principal of FRANK planning collaborative, a planning consultancy providing support to clients on research, engagement, policy development, and implementation tools for sustainability, renewable energy, green infrastructure, and community planning.
Additional Professional Planning Experience:
- Project Manager, Miistakis Institute
- Senior Planner/Program Lead for Regional Planning, Environment and Infrastructure, Calgary Regional Partnership
- Team Member, LEAD Canada, Economic Development Project, Fallet Favela, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Long-Range Planner, Town of Cochrane
- Parks Planner, City of Airdrie
Kelly’s volunteer contributions include work with:
- Alberta Professional Planning Association, MGA Review Committee, Awards Committee, Candidate Mentor
- The University of Calgary, Master’s Degree Thesis Advisor
- Calgary Region Airshed Zone, Policy and Research Committee Member
- Bow River Basin, Implementation Committee Co-Chair
- LEAD Canada, Board Member
- Cliff Bungalow Mission Community Association
- Cochrane Community Garden Society
- Sustainable Calgary
- Eco Living Fair
- Calgary Green Roof Symposium
FRANK has been fortunate to collaborate with a wide range of industry leaders, matching issues and experts as needed for each project.